Welcome to My Kitchen

I thought I'd add some of my favorite recipes to the ones the girls are sharing. I love to cook (when I have time) and our family LOVES to experiment with and share recipes. ENJOY!

Saturday, January 10, 2009

Ice Cream Cake Roll


Ice Cream Cake Roll
Our family used to love these cake rolls from the store, but since I haven't been able to find them, I found a recipe. This is even yummier than those in stores. I use vanilla ice cream , but you can substitute your favorite as long as it goes with chocolate!



3/4 cup all-purpose flour
1/3 cup cocoa powder
1 tsp. baking powder
pinch of slat
4 eggs
3/4 cup granulated sugar
2 tsps. vanill extract
2 tbls. confectioners sugar
3 cups ice cream, softened
Chocolate syrup



1. Heat oven to 350. Coat a 15x10x1-inch jelly-roll pan with non-stick cooking spray. Line bottom of pan with waxed paper. Spray paper.
2. Stir together flour, cocoa, baking powder, and salt. In a large bowl, beat eggs with electric mixer on medium speed for 5 minutes, until light yellow. Gradually add granulated sugar, beating until smooth. Beat in vanilla.
3. Fold flour mixture into egg mixture until no lumps remain. Pour into prepared pan, spreading level. Bake at 350 for 12 minutes or until cake springs back when lightly touched.
4. Dust a clean kitchen towel with confectioners sugar. Turn cake out onto towel. Roll up towel and cake from short end. Cool completely.
5. Unroll. Spread softened ice cream to within 1 inch of edges. Reroll cake without towel. Wrap in plastic wrap. Freeze at least 4 hours or overnight. If left overnight let stand at room temp for 20 minutes. To serve, unwrap plastic wrap and drizzle cake with chocolate syrup
.

No comments:

Post a Comment