Welcome to My Kitchen

I thought I'd add some of my favorite recipes to the ones the girls are sharing. I love to cook (when I have time) and our family LOVES to experiment with and share recipes. ENJOY!

Saturday, August 15, 2009

Shrimp Avocado Pasta Salad

1 (16 ounce) package penne pasta
1/4 pound bacon (I use the precooked crumbled Hormel bacon)
1 lb. jumbo shrimp, peeled and deveined
2 avocadoes - peeled, pitted and diced
1 cup shredded cheddar or cheddar/jack blend cheese
1 cup mayonnaise
1/4 cup lemon juice
2 tomatoes, diced
1 tsp. crushed red pepper
1 tsp. ground chipotle
1/4 cup diced garlic
olive oil
4 cups shredded lettuce
1. Cook pasta according to directions. Rinse in cold water and set aside.
2. Cook bacon . Drain and crumble.
3. Cook shrimp with chipotle and garlic in olive oil until shrimp turn pink and are curled. Drain on paper towels and set aside.
4. In a large bowl, gently toss the pasta, bacon, shrimp, avocados, cheese, mayo, lemon juice, tomatoes and red pepper. Chill in refrigerator and serve over lettuce.
This makes a great summer dinner with fruit and warm bread.

No comments:

Post a Comment