Welcome to My Kitchen

I thought I'd add some of my favorite recipes to the ones the girls are sharing. I love to cook (when I have time) and our family LOVES to experiment with and share recipes. ENJOY!

Tuesday, July 28, 2009

Four Bean Salad


I put this together after combining several bean salad recipes that I liked. We really enjoy this combination. I serve it with hot, buttered rolls and fruit salad for a quick, summer meal.


Salad

1 medium red bell pepper, chopped

1/3 medium red onion, chopped

1 6 ounce jar marinated artichoke hearts, drained and chopped

1 12 ounce can dark red kidney beans

1 12 ounce can black beans

1 12 ounce can cut green beans

1 12 ounce can garbanzo beans

2 ounces crumbled feta cheese

2 ounces crumbled cooked bacon


Dressing

1/4 cup olive oil

1/8 cup white vinegar

1/8 cup balsamic vinegar

1 teaspoon salt

1 teaspoon sugar


1. Drain and lightly rinse in a colander the cans of four beans.

2. In a large bowl, toss red bell pepper, red onion, artichokes and beans. Set aside.

3. In a small bowl, whisk salt and sugar with white and balsamic vinegars until dissolved. Slowly whisk in olive oil.

4. Pour dressing over bean mixture and toss to coat. Stir in bacon. Cover and chill in refrigerator for at least one hour.

5. Top with crumbled feta cheese before serving.

No comments:

Post a Comment